These are remaining problems caused by 4.13, and not resolved by 4.13-2 from http://virtualmin.com/comment/reply/35764/142510#comment-142350
As requested put into this new bug report, by Joe here http://virtualmin.com/node/35764#comment-142510 :
- (problem solved by 4.13-2)
- URGENT: backups scheduled by root are stored as owned by site instead of root, generating disk quota overflow
- when disk quota overflows, an email containing user and password of user or database is sent to root.
- another dump is still done by root
- in case of quota error, whole scheduled backup stops and no other sites are backed up
- temp files are not cleaned in case of quota error, resulting in site failing due to database quota fail.
PROBLEM 2: (REGRESSION)
Failed to write to /home/niceuser/domains/nicedomain.org/.backup/nicedomain.org_mysql when closing : Disk quota exceeded at ../web-lib-funcs.pl line 1397.
Regarding file owner of backups: IMHO: Scheduled backups should be owned by the user who scheduled the backup. If root did configure the scheduled backup, the backup file should be owned by the root user imho .
PROBLEM 3: (SURE ALREADY EXISTING)
From: email@example.com (Cron Daemon)
Subject: Cron <root@mydomain> /etc/webmin/virtual-server/backup.pl --id 122312522671517
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ANSI_X3.4-1968
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 01:06:31 -0600 (CST)
PROBLEM 4: (SURE ALREADY EXISTING)
Btw: In same file at line 693, there seems to be another backup_database() still called with user root. And doign a grep -r 'backup_database' . finds a few more.
PROBLEM 5: (SURE ALREADY EXISTING)
If PROBLEM 2 arrises, disk quota exceeded, for 1 scheduled domain backup, the whole scheduled backup stops and no other sites are backed up.
PROBLEM 6: (sure already existing too)
If PROBLEM 2 arrises, the already written files stay in /home/coastcoa/domains/toliministry.org/.backup and this makes the site fail, as disk quota which wasn't exhausted becomes exhausted, and as MySQL can't write to files anymore, the site stops working!!!!
Are you scheduling a new fix release today (European time) for urgent regressions 1 and 2 (e.g. with the --user= and --password= mysqldump parameters set properly, and file ownership set correctly) into the repositories ?
If yes I'll wait, otherwise I will have to go through all servers to do your temporary mysql fix so that next night's backup run again on most domains. But i don't have a quick fix for the disk quota issue.
Hope the above helps a bit.
Thanks again for your prompt replies and fixes.