SRV records not working with office365

I have tried multiple ways to enter this but i think office365 is barfing because virt does not give the option to add the protocol as a separate field. I have tried appending the protocol to the end of the record name to no avail. Need to get this fixed so i can sue office365.

Comments

Jsut tried to use dnsstuff to access the srv records. Both office365 AND dnsstuff report no srv records at my domain. this is now a virtual problem.

I eventually had to manually edit the records to read: _sip._tls IN SRV 100 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com. _sipfederationtls._tcp IN SRV 100 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com.

Is this an SRV record for automatic mail client configuration, or something else?

for the skype configuration of office365.

Which page in Virtualmin are you using to create the SRV record?

I've successfully used it to create records for Minecraft, which seem to work fine.

The dns records section for the individual domain(in my case etc-md.com) inside the virtualmin section itself.
The orignal text with .etc-md.com appended was rejected by office365 and dnsstuff.com

Oh right, the problem here is that Virtualmin doesn't offer you an obvious way to enter the _sip or _tls on that page. I'll fix that up..

This fix has been implemented, and will be included in the 5.06 release.

Status: Active » Fixed

not fixed. The virt system is making the records look like: _sip_tls.troubadourjohn.com. IN SRV 100 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com. _sipfederationtls_tcp.troubadourjohn.com. IN SRV 100 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com.

It needs to be: _sip._tls IN SRV 100 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com. _sipfederationtls._tcp IN SRV 100 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com.

Status: Closed (fixed) » Active

We haven't released 5.06 yet (it's hopefully going out this weekend).

Status: Active » Closed (inactive)